Kenichi TAKANO, Ph.D. Professor, Graduate School of SDM, Keio University
SDM is a graduate school where researchers from various disciplines think outside the box to boldly tackle problems, regardless of their difficulty.
After obtaining a Master's degree in Nuclear Engineering from Nagoya University, Kenichi Takano joined Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, where he finally served as a principal research scientist. He has extensive experience in providing consulting services to private companies on safety management, safety culture implementation, and organizational change.
He was a visiting research fellow for the School of Psychological Sciences, The University of Manchester during 1995-1996 and a part-time professor for the Department of Industrial & Management Systems Engineering, Waseda University from 2005 until 2008. He moved to SDM in April 2008.
- Safety culture
- Risk management
- Human Factors
- Decision making
- Kenichi Takano, Tadafumi Tsuge, Naoko Hasegawa, Fumiko Hirose and Kunihide Saso, Experience on Applying the Developed Safety Assessment System to Various Industries,7th Int. Conf. Probabilistic Safety Management in Berlin, 2004.
- Kenichi Takano, Naoko Hasegawa, Kunihide Saso, Tadafumi Tsuge and Kenichi Hayase, Development and applications of a safety assessment system for promoting safety culture in NPPs,6th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics, Operations and Safety, 2004.
- Kenichi Takano, Naoko Hasegawa, Fumiko Hirose, Tadafumi Tsuge, and Kunihide Saso, The Development of the Organizational Safety Evaluation System,International Symposium on Future Instrument and Control for NPP, 2002.
- Ohshima Prize(Distinguished Paper Award) 2000 Japanese Ergonomics Society
- CRIEPI Director Prize 1989, 1990, 1999
- Professional Advising Member: Japan Nuclear Technology Institute （JANTI）
- Academic Advisor :Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association （JISHA）
- Japan Society for Safety Engineering (JSSE)
- Japan Ergonomics Society
- Atomic Energy Society of Japan
- Human Interface Society
- International Journal: Cognition, Technology & Work
- Laboratory of Organizational Management
- Information Systems Perspective Investigation and Requirement Engineering Laboratory (INSPIRE Lab)
- Human Dynamics Laboratory
- Strategic Social Education System Laboratory