Doctoral degree information
Doctoral course completion requirements
The requirements for completion of the doctoral course are indicated below:
1) Enrollment for at least 6 semesters after admission (not including semesters on leave)
2) Satisfaction of Article 108 Section 41 of the Graduate School Regulations
3) Satisfactory grades on the doctoral dissertation and final examination
(Excerpt from the Graduate School Regulations)
- (1) To fulfill the requirements for a doctoral degree, a student must earn at least 12 credits for the class subject specified in Paragraph 1 of Article 108-36 and satisfy the requirements specified in Article 109.
- (2) Defenses shall be conducted on the subject of a dissertation.
- (3) Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two paragraphs, separate provision shall be made for the requirements in the case of early degree completion.
- (1) Dissertations must be prepared in triplicate and submitted to the Graduate School of System Design and Management Committee through students' supervisors.
- (2) Reviews and defenses of dissertations shall be completed within 1 year of their receipt.